-->
10 March 2014

How to Be Alone.

from Cleveland Heights, OH, USA
I first came across this poem shortly before I had Niko, when I was at the cusp of never being alone again.


Now, when I get one night alone a week, I try to appreciate it. I've never been afraid of alonedom. I've always loved it and needed a moderate amount of it.

Before Niko arrived, I loved the thought of never being alone again. And now, aside from the obvious desiring space to pee alone or sleep in, I relish my time alone, to myself.

I don't think that makes me a bad mother. I'm just being honest.

"If your heart is bleeding, make the best of it." - Tanya Davis

1 comment:

  1. I love company at times but i love my own company more. We all need space and time alone to just be. Be whoever you are. Feel your on feelings and hear your own thoughts. It is a must for me.

    ReplyDelete